Sunday, May 8, 2011

An Evening in BBQ – A food for thought !

BBQ for me is the best place to have food and relax.. The ambience is good and the starters are just so awesome. And it’s always been the case with me.. I would stuff myself so much with the starters that I would relinquish the main courses. Some says the biryani is too good and the desserts are to be die for.. but I never knew it.


Today also I did the same thing.. stuffed myself with starters. Then feeling tired of eating.. took a bowl of soup, and with the bread-stick in my mouth.. holding it like a Cuban cigar (it’s a no smoking zone.. so I have to do it with this cheap stuff) started looking around.. And I found out that this place is filled with some real characters.. including ME ofcourse !


To start with.. in one of the table, a lady was celebrating her birthday.. a couple in their mid thirties were having a good time.. the husband went across to tell that it’s his wify’s Birthday.. cake was brought and the DJ duly played the “”Happy wala Birthday” song.. It was fine until here.. then the lightning struck.. the waiters in Swedish skirt (not sure what I called those) and with pom-pom in their hands.. started to dance around the couple.. it was a hell of a sight.. with barbecue in the middle.. and dancing waiters around.. it was we called a “Zinga LaLa” moment !! not the right one I supposed when someone is celebrating her birthday.. They were embarrassed.. and the best place to hide when you are in that kind of position is the Toilet.. so here they went.. but to different toilets haan.. There is something called Decorum ;)


Next table.. just infront of mine.. there was a double date.. both the couples were so engrossed within themselves.. they hardly talk to the other couple. One of the girl after eating the starters asked her boy.. “Am I looking Fat ?”.. Now believe me.. that’s a tough one.. even tougher than US asking Pak “Are you hiding Osama ?” The boy smartly dodged that one.. must be drinking Sprite ! The other boy, oblivious of the world around.. was giving a foot massage to her girl.. such a Hook. He also feed her up the desserts.. and then suddenly the girl got angry and started fidgeting with her phone.. must be the boy wanted his share of Gulaab Jhamoon ;) (pun not intended here.. don’t be naughty)


Then I looked around and find a family of four just got themselves a table.. It was kind of “A family who eats together.. stays together” type. The 2 kids were happy.. finally Papa brought them out to dine ! But their enthusiasm run away with a stern look from their Papa. They quietly started their business of eating.. I say business because.. nobody was even smiling. The Mom was well dressed.. looking beautiful.. but I supposed she still has household chores at the back of her mind. Papa just wanted his sons to finish their food before they could jump on over another.. as if he is still in his board-roam avatar. But they quietly had their food without any fuss. Another normal day perhaps in the Life :)


So after all this.. I had my stomach and as well my mind full. I didn’t even bother to look at the deserts.. today I haven’t eaten much.. but got a lot to to watch and ponder.. Is anything above is ME.. Is anything above is You.. A Husband wanted to make a Wify’s birthday memorable.. but turn out not to be so.. or a Couple hell bent on proving “we are the coziest” to others than actually proving it to themselves.. or a stern Papa just doing the duty of bringing his family to dine out. Certainly a food for thought !!

PS:


I always written about myself.. make a ‘Mickey’ out of me.. but thought to turn the gun (in this case pen) on others this time around.


I purposefully ended it in rhetorical way..


And I haven’t changed at all.. I am still Cheesy and Naughty <evil grin>

No comments:

Post a Comment